What's on at The Dyslexia Association
This page tells you about meetings The Dyslexia Association or associated organisations plan for the future and about courses which are open for booking .
Call the Helpline (0115 924 6888) for more details of events.
CONFERENCES & EVENTS
- Dyslexia Awareness Open Day
- Saturday 27th April 2013, 10:00 - 3:00
- at The Dyslexia Association, Sherwood House, 7 Gregory Boulevard, Nottm, NG7 6LB
- Workshops for parents, children, adult dyslexics, employers and anyone with an interest in Dyslexia. Opportunities to talk to Dyslexia specialists, other dyslexics, buy cakes, books, resources etc.
- Sorry, this event is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to our mailing list and notified of future events, please email us at: Bookings@dyslexia.uk.net
- Bassetlaw Dyslexia Support Group
- Tuesday 11th June 2013, 6:00 - 7:30
- at Harworth and Bircotes Town Hall. Scrooby Road, Harworth, Doncaster, DN11 8JP
- Open meeting - Update on Dyslexia Assessment. Presented by Oona Oakland, Notts County Council Dyslexia Specialst Tutor.
- The meeting is preceeded by Support Group AGM, 5:00-5:45, all welcome.
The Dyslexia Association runs courses for dyslexic people, which are listed below.
You must book a place on a course. You should expect to attend a sequence of sessions. To make a booking, or to obtain more information, ring our Helpline number (0115 924 6888).
Touch Type Read and Spell
- A multisensory learning programme for people with dyslexia, which develops literacy skills whilst you learn to touch type.
- Reinforce word reading and spelling at all ages from 7 up.
- Produce high quality coursework.
- Improve efficiency when using Assistive Technology Software to overcome dyslexic difficutlies.
For further details of these courses click here
- You can start a course at any time.
- Courses run on a rolling program. Everyone works at their own pace.
- Classes take place weekly in school term time and last for one hour.
- Currently available booking times: Nottingham, Weds 4.00pm, Sat 9:30 and 10:30 am
- The course costs £15 per session, payable termly.
- Monday 29th July to Friday 2nd August 2013
- Places for Primary and Secondary Age children
- Book now: 0115 924 6880 / Bookings@dyslexia.uk.net
- The course costs £150, payable in advance.