Tuition for Adults
- We offer specialist 1 to 1 tuition in a friendly, safe and confidential environment with qualified dyslexia specialist teachers.
- Tutors are able to help and support students who require tuition at all levels. Some of our adult clients need help with basic literacy and numeracy, while others need support to work successfully at a higher level. Our clients include people in full or part time employment as well as those seeking work or in training or study.
- The programme of tuition is discussed with the student and tailored to their individual needs.
- We use a range of effective techniques in order to teach students how to read and spell every day words as well as specialist vocabulary required for work or learning.
- We offer support with written work, such as assignments, reports and essays.
- We teach students how to use punctuation and grammar accurately, as well as how to proof read their work.
- We teach study skills, such as revision or note taking.
- We teach students how to fill in forms, write letters and complete CVs.
- We work with students to improve their interview techniques.
- We help students to improve their numeracy skills.
- We teach strategies which enable students to become more organised in their working and every day life and to improve their short term memory.
- We teach strategies to improve time management.
- We also help students to improve their speaking and listening skills.
- Tuition is delivered using multisensory techniques and embracing the student's preferred learning style, to release hidden potential and build confidence.
If we are asked to quote for a programme of specialist tuition for an individual who has not previously used our adult assessment service, we will invite them to an induction meeting to establish the type of support needed.
We provide tutorial support to adult students in Higher Education under Disabled Student Allowance funding.
We provide tuition in "Workplace Coping Strategies". Dyslexic employees are often referred to us through the Access to Work scheme for this tuition.Case Study: click here to read about the support Elspeth has received from The Dyslexia Association and how it has helped her grow her business.
To discuss your needs, contact our Helpline on 0115 924 6888.