What is it?
A workplace needs assessment supports employers and employees to understand what reasonable adjustments in the workplace would be beneficial, and what adjustments are available. The assessment will explore the challenges individual employees might be facing at work as a result of their neurodiversity or disability and make recommendations to improve well-being and productivity.
Adjustments don’t have to cost a lot but they make a big impact. Individuals can also apply to Access to Work to help pay for any recommendations or ongoing support.
What does it involve?
The assessment is a two-hour consultation with an specialist assessor who will:
- gather information about the client’s difficulties at work, from both the employee and their line manager
- gather information about the employee’s specific role and working environment
- demonstrate some of the assistive technologies that may be useful to the employee
- consider any existing documents (such as a diagnostic assessment report)
- consider adjustments already put in place
- prepare a comprehensive written report of the findings and specific recommendations on suitable adjustments.
How much does it cost?
A workplace needs assessment is £475.
Which locations are covered?
We cover the whole of the UK as assessments are delivered via a remote online platform.
We can provide face to face assessments for employees dependent on the availability of specialist assessors within your area, and we will charge additional travel expenses.
- To book an assessment use the link above.
- On receipt of your booking form, we will be contact you to arrange an appointment date.
- After the workplace needs assessment, a report will be sent with recommendations.
- We can help you to provide any further training or support e.g., assistive technology training.