Our Privacy Notice
The Dyslexia Association is a registered charity that provides support and services for dyslexic children and adults of all ages, their parents/families, educators, employers and the wider community.
By providing us with your personal information, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is The Dyslexia Association and the Data Protection Officer is Kay Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sherwood House, 7 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 6LB.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information about you when you contact us requesting support or services, for example via our Helpline or by booking an assessment. We also collect information from feedback provided by you following the delivery of a service. All of the information that we collect is held securely on our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and servers.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. The personal information we collect may include:
- your name
- name of your child (if they are the person who will receive the service)
- date of birth
- e-mail address
- telephone number
- employer name & address
- educational establishment name & address
- details of previous assessments or testing
- medical conditions or medication which may affect any testing
How will we use the information about you?
We may use your information to:
- provide services
- send you communications requesting feedback on any service you have received
- process job applications
Who has access to your information?
TDA staff and Associates have access to your personal information in the interests of delivering services to you.
We will not sell or rent your information to third-parties and we will not share your information for marketing purposes.
We use third-party service providers or organisations for the following purposes:
- Survey Monkey – for the collection of feedback and questionnaires prior to assessments
- WorldPay – for credit / debit card payments
- GL Assessment – for children’s screenings
- JotForm – for job applications
- PICO – for adult quick screen services
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information we hold about you, please send a written request (e-mail or by post) to the Data Protection Officer, email@example.com.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You have the right to ask us to:
- correct information you think is inaccurate
- remove information you think is inaccurate
- delete the records we hold on you
- complain about the way your data is processed by us
If you would like to make any corrections, ask us to delete your information or complain about how we process your personal data, please contact Kay Carter